We travel to meet people, to visit places, to broaden our views and enlarge knowledge of all kind. We want our traveling to be as sustainable as possible.
For great decisions we join greater forces like our governments and associations. For your service here, we act and we hope that you appreciate. Please tell us what you think of it, all suggestions are most welcome.
- In the rooms:
- Air/air pump system for cooling and heating which limits use of carbon fuels to the coldest days. Extra pure wool blankets are available 😊.
- For long stays: bedlinen is washed weekly.
- In the bathroom:
- We propose a glass or a cup made of PLA (cornbased resin, disposable and compostable).
- Organic shower gel and hand soap are proposed in containers.
- Towels are washed when required, like at home.
- At the breakfast table:
- We serve organic and where possible local food: bread and viennoiseries, milk and lactose-free drinks, fruit and fruit juice, jam and eggs, cheese and delicatessen.
- In the garden:
- No pesticides or chemical fertilizers are used.
- We plant mainly local species and especially those who attract butterflies, bees and birds.
- In the kitchen:
- All the waste is sorted (green, plastics, glass, metal, other).
- Green waste is composted after which it is used in the garden.
- Food is kept fresh using biodegradable compostable film only.
- The roof and the exterior walls are insulated to reduce use of energy.
- Rain water is collected in a 15.000 liter tank for re-use.
- All prints are done using recycled paper, and we prefer to be digital.
- In 2020 we build a “lavogne” in the garden.
- In 2021 we foresee to install solar panels on the roofs and sunprotection on the roof-windows. We move to a green electricity provider as from March 2021.